Home  Motor Vehicle Accidents  Who Will Pay For My Lost Wages?

Who Will Pay For My Lost Wages?

A car accident can result in lost time at work — and medical bills at a time when you can least afford to pay them. While no-fault coverage will pay for lost wages and medical expenses incurred in a motor vehicle accident, those benefits are limited. If you suffer a serious injury, no-fault benefits alone won’t be enough.

At Marder, Eskesen & Nass, Attorneys at Law, in Midtown Manhattan, we understand the financial issues that injured people face following auto accidents. Our lawyers are here to advise you at every step on your road to recovery. Call us today at 800-588-1579 for a free initial consultation.

Holding Insurance Companies Accountable

Replacing lost wages after a motor vehicle accident can be complex. In New York, your no-fault insurance will replace lost wages up to a certain level. However, there are exceptions. If you were injured while riding a bicycle or as a pedestrian, the insurance of the driver who struck you is responsible for your lost wages. Special rules apply if there is a bus involved in the accident.

Our lawyers will review the circumstances of your accident and determine who is responsible for replacing lost pay checks. If the amount of your lost salary exceeds the available no-fault benefits, you may be entitled to full compensation from the insurance company of the at-fault driver.

Unfortunately, insurance companies are notorious for denying and delaying claims, even when their insured is clearly at fault. They know that the longer you wait, the more desperate you will be to settle your case at any price. It often takes an attorney’s help to force the insurance company of the at-fault driver to treat you fairly.

What If The Car Accident Was Work-Related?

If you were injured in an auto accident while working, you are entitled to lost-wage benefits from workers’ compensation. Depending on the severity of your injury, you may be entitled to additional compensation from the insurance company of the at-fault driver.

For Help With Financial Compensation After A Car Accident

Have you lost pay checks due to injuries sustained in a car accident in New York City? Call 800-588-1579 or complete our contact form to schedule a consultation with our lawyers with no cost or obligation.

Se habla español.

Start With A FREE Consultation

AV Peer Review RatedMillion dollar advocates forumAvvo