Were You Injured By A Recalled Product?
Product recalls provide a mechanism to take dangerous products out of stores and to warn those who purchased the products to either return the products or make repairs. Unfortunately, manufacturers do not always follow the proper procedures for recall notices. As a result, you may never find out that a product is unsafe.
At Marder, Eskesen & Nass, Attorneys at Law, we bring more than 85 years of combined experience to lawsuits involving injuries caused by defective products. We understand the law when it comes to product recalls, and we can hold manufacturers accountable when they fail to live up to their legal duty. We also handle cases against businesses that fail to have dangerous equipment repaired or replaced after receiving a recall notice.
If you’ve been injured by a product that has been recalled, call us today at 800-588-1579 to schedule a free initial consultation.
Representing People Injured By Unsafe Products
Our lawyers handle injuries involving all types of recalled products, including:
- Auto components: Autos are subject to recall notices for a wide range of unsafe components, from exploding air bags to defective ignition switches.
- Children’s toys and products: Hundreds of children die each year from unsafe cribs, toys, blinds, outlet plugs, strollers and other products. Learn more about injuries from children’s products.
- Elevators and escalators: Many elevators and escalators in New York buildings have been in service for years. Some of these devices have been subject to recalls to improve guards or make other repairs to prevent injuries. Unfortunately, some owners fail to make needed repairs, either because they didn’t receive the recall notice or they failed to act on it.
- Appliances: Appliances may be recalled for a variety safety issues. For example, a dryer may overheat, leading to fires.
- Hand tools: Hand tools may be recalled due to design defects such as inadequate guards or insufficient warnings.
If you or someone you love has been hurt by a recalled product, our lawyers will conduct a careful investigation of your case to determine if the manufacturer did everything it was supposed to do.